FOOD
One of my favorite things about the city, (if not THE favorite thing), is the food here. Seriously. Anything you want, any time of day... If you can think it, you can have it. I'll hit you with my top 5 spots so far!1) 16 Handles - self-serve frozen yogurt: It's absolutely delicious and I've been there like 7 times already. Their flavors are perfect and include, but are not limited to, Chocolate, Dulce De Leche, Red Velvet, Birthday Cake, Greek Honey, Coconut, and Peanut Butter. I tend to mix all of the aforementioned flavors together for the ultimate tastebud party...you're welcome, t-buds. THEN, the toppings...oh the toppings! The freshest fruit, chocolate covered prezels,granola, sprinkles, mochi, and more! I can't even begin to give the toppings selection justice. Do yourself a favor, if you're ever in NYC, frequent this joint :)
A little scoop of heaven is pictured below:
2)Yakiniku West - Asian: This place is a real gem in the East Village if you're looking for a fun and unique dining experience. When you walk in the door, you have to take off your shoes; once barefoot, you're lead to a low-sitting table to where you can choose to sit indian style if you wish. The food choices are vast and everything is served to you raw - you cook it on the grill in front of you. My Aunt Missy drove out from Long Island to take Ale, my cousin (Nadine - she lives in Brooklyn), and I to eat here! We dined on chicken, steak, sushi, and cow tongue. Feast your eyes on this feast:
3) Del Frisco's Grille - Steakhouse: So my roommate from college who I haven't seen in 2 YEARS came to visit me!! It was such a great night. We went to Del Frisco's in Rockefeller center. She works at one in Philly, so she knows the GM who hooked.us.up!! We ate everything from lamb burger sliders, to tuna tacos, to philly cheesesteak eggrolls (yes eggrolls...so delicious!). I ordered the Tuna Salad as my entree and I would certainly recommend it. Everything about the meal was notable - including the martinis ("VIP" - pineapple infused martini..beyond refreshing and delicious!) Then DESSERT - nutella bread pudding and coconut creme pie (both pictured below) were the perfect way to finish such a meal. Great service!!
4) East Japanese - Sushi: This was one of the coolest sushi restaurants I've ever been too. The sushi comes around on a conveyer belt that loops around the tables throughout the whole restaurant. You just take off a plate when you see one you like! Tedy, Ale, Ale's sister (who was here visiting this week) and I all got our sushi fix during this meal! It was very reasonably priced with a great atmosphere!! I highly suggest it!!
5) BRUNCH: Everywhere in NYC: Since being in the city, I've grown a whole new appreciation for the art of brunch. I've always been a fan, but I've never had so many options! I LOVE Huevos Rancheros and try to get that wherever I go to brunch! There are so many different variations of it depending on the restaurant, so it's hard to get bored with it! See pictures below - 1st pic was at Turning Point right over the river in Hobokem, and the second is Huevos Rancheros form this morning's brunch at Spoon! SO GOOD!!
FYI:
The fruit should also not go unmentioned when talking about food. The fruit bowls are absolutely delicious and fresh everywhere you order them in the city. AND the fruit man on the site of the road by my apt has great produce for very cheap! I've become a frequent customer of his :) Enjoy!!
This all looks SO good! You're making me hungry!
ReplyDelete