Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pow-Pow Powerwheels

SO it's time to sell my car...

 

There is nothing I'm more excited about doing than selling my car. 

I'm a terrible driver and as much as I practice, I'm just not good at it. Never was, never will be.
 I sit up poker straight, clutch the wheel until my knuckles turn white, and am very anxious anytime I go over 35mph...which is everyday because I have to take two interstates to & from work. (I think 50% of the reason my boyfriend wants to move to NYC is because he won't need to worry about me behind a wheel..... Lol, I'm kidding, I'm kidding........kind of.)


AllState actually dropped me because I'm so bad. But luckily, there are companies out there, like Progressive, that give (undeserving?) people a second third chance to prove that they really can drive around town without wrecking! 
Team Progressive!

Another reason I'm SO excited to sell my car is because I will be getting back 80 minutes a day that I spend commuting to and from work! That's 400 minutes a week....which ends up being 
26 HOURS AND 40 MINUTES A MONTH  
of my life that I get back. 
You think I'd be a little more emotional about getting rid of something that I've spent so much time in, but I CAN'T WAIT. 
Goodbye Chevy, hellllloooooo long walks & underground subways!

Anywho, you can probably tell that my mindset this week is CAR WEEK. I owe $4,200 on my car so I was hoping to make at least that when selling it.

My first stop was to Chevrolet to see if they'd buy it back. They gave me some hoopla about it being too much of an investment for them to buy it because of all the work they'd need to put into it before they could actually sell it. Hmph.

Next, I went to Carmax -they low-balled me, as expected, but they said they'd purchase it which was good news. If I sold to them for what they quoted, I'd only lose a couple hundred dollars - but the CATCH is I have to sell it within 7 days or they will pay me even LESS after the 7 days is up. I can't sell my car for two weeks. So that's annoying and will put me hundreds of dollars in the hole.

Lastly, I went to a rinkydink place off of South Blvd in Charlotte called JD Bytrader. One of the guys working there recognized me from my Red Ventures (where I currently work) and ended up being the guy who had a final say on my car. He offered me $4,750 which is GREAT because now I can make a few hundred on my car instead of lose! This will certainly help with the big move. So that's the plan.
YAY!!




1 comment:

  1. Great news on Skipper!!!! Glad it's all falling into place sounds like tons of GodWink to me :-) ... As one of the EXTREMELY fortunate people to have gotten to know you and who have come to adore you in Charlotte I look forward to watching you fall in love with my city ;-)

    ReplyDelete