Friday, March 30, 2012

Sigh...

Remember yesterday when I wrote a blog about how terrible I am at driving?

So I got pulled over this morning on my way home from the gym at 7am. Yeah, Happy Friday.

Apparently, I failed to see a "No Left Turn" sign....even though I've been turning left at that exact spot for the past year. If the policeman was right and there really IS a "No Left Turn" sign (which  I plan on investigating later on today) than that just further proves my point that I need to move to NYC in order to not operate a motor vehicle. 

The Po-man then asked for my license. Because I just ran up the road to hit the gym while the entire world was still sleeping, I didn't consider bringing it necessary. Obviously, I misjudged. 

He wasn't happy about me not having my license on me, but took my registration back to his car (quite quickly actually...which made me wonder if my sweaty appearance made him want to keep his distance). 

As I sat in my car, with my blank gaze straight ahead, I pondered trying to produce fake tears while fully admitting that I know I'm a terrible driver and that's why I'm moving to NYC and that he shouldn't worry anymore because the streets of Charlotte will be safe now with me gone.
However, I vetoed this because fake crying is hard and maybe him thinking I'm actually a good driver who made one silly mistake is better than me admitting otherwise.

Turns out my decision to keep my composure worked out because he didn't give me a ticket! 

Party streamers and glitter confetti exploding in my mind.

 I was so excited that I almost asked him if I could get a snapshot of him at my car for my blog, as if we were old pals, but my better judgement took hold of me as I snapped back to reality.

He then ended the conversation instructing that I "pay attention to signs" and "remove the license plate holder because it covers up the state name on my tag." 

Whoa, what's this now about my license plate holder?
Then it hit me....I have a Steelers license plate holder so I obviously took offense to this. Asking a Steelers fan to remove their beloved paraphernalia is like asking the Pope to not believe in God. My firecracker Pittsburgh instinct almost persuaded me to say "So what you're really saying is that you're not a Steelers fan?" But his personality was somewhat stone-cold, and I didn't think he'd take to my sarcastic demeanor very well. 
Tongue in cheek, I thanked him, wished him a great day, and drove off. 


Now, I just need to focus on not getting pulled over & not wrecking for 9 more days. 
That's it....only 9 MORE.

Holding my breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment