WE OFFICIALLY LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY!
Now all we need is an address :) We're staying with friends in Hoboken until we have an apartment of our own - hopefully soon! We spent the entire day yesterday (literally...like 7 hours) with a broker who showed us what felt like every apartment in Manhattan. Our hearts are set on one located at 34th & Lex. We find out today if we get it!!!!! Fingers crossed.
When we arrived in the city, it was absolutely gorgeous. I didn't sleep the entire night before because I was so excited - then we had to get up at 3:50AM to catch our flight. SPEAKING OF OUR FLIGHT - Please look at the plane that we flew to NYC on!!!!! If THAT'S not a sign, then I don't know what is....
GO STEELERS!!!!
Also, It was Josie's very first flight!!!! We tried to give her Benadryl but she started foaming at the mouth in rebellion...so I don't think much made it into her system. Needless to say, our 6:15AM flight was packed with people who got to listen to Josie's soundtrack the whole way. Bless her lil sweet soul.
It was weird bringing her on the plane though, because I actually had to carry her through the metal ditector/x-ray machine...so I was praying she wouldn't get spooked and jump free from my grasp. Luckily she didnt...as I walked towards the TSA worker, he looked down at my feet and giggled. Yes, I had on socks with little cats printed all over them as I was carrying my cat through the metal detector. What. A. Cliche. Here are some photos of Josie on and after her first flight!
LOL she looks like she aged about 5 years in this picture...poor lil thing was all stressed out. Luckily, she's calm again :)
Once we landed we headed to Hoboken to stay with Lindsey and Dan until we find a place to live! Hoboken is gorgeous - We were greeted by Cherry Blossoms and sunshine. The food there is DELICIOUS too. I've eaten 4 meals in NY so far, and all have been extremely delectable. MMM mmmm mmmmmm!!
Our first Hoboken moments captured below!
Cherry Blossoms!
Huevos Rancheros.....YUMMMMM
The view of Manhattan from Hoboken!
Our first pic since being New Yorkers!
Not a bad view for our first cup of coffee!
After all is said and done, it's a strange feeling buying a one-way ticket, landing, and knowing you're not going back to where you came from. Totally exhilarating.
It's time to chase some dreams!
Can I just say (again).... I LOVE THAT YOUR ARE NOW BLOGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so so so excited for you!!! Fingers crossed you get that apartment!! xoxo